Monday 13 February 2012

Mongrel Post

Very-nearly-filled-in passenger side
1. Today, I perfected the art of filling large areas. You apply a first layer and sand down any peaks that would be above finished height. The next layer, you do the same, again sanding down the peaks. Keep on so that with every layer you add, the average height of the surface increases. The last layer is a true 'filler' in that you are filling in small pinholes in the surface. So far, this is contrary to every piece of advice I have heard, but in an infinite universe there is still a possibility that I could be right and the rest of the world is wrong..




2. Last week, I found this video on Youtube showing a beautifully restored Hanomag. Can you spot any difference in the two?


I have contacted the FellowOwner and hopefully we are going to arrange a meeting. It will be very helpful to get some advice from someone who has already done this journey. 

This is the great thing about the internet. I can find out everything I need to know about working on TheSuperCamp, I can tell the world about it and also find other people doing the same.





3.The internet has also shown me this. It is exactly the same model as TheSuperCamp but fully finished and going for £1000... with no bids. This is incredibly cheap and either means that

a. there is something wrong that I am missing; 
b. that it is badly listed; 
c. that me and FellowOwner are really the only people who want to own one.






4. North America has now overtaken the UK as the largest audience of this blog, 

Go USA!

No comments:

Post a Comment